Community, Sporting and Youth Groups
We offer youth, church, sporting and community groups a discounted entry price into the rock climbing arena. As climbing is a sport for all levels of fitness and can be done whatever the weather it is the perfect activity for your group! Plus rock climbing is FUN!
Rock climbing is not just limited to the kids - we also have groups from various workplaces, bucks parties, universities and sports teams that regularly visit us for some ‘hang time’.
We recommend that if you have a large group of people (of any age) you should book in advance and take advantage of discounted prices that we offer for group bookings. Group bookings are for a minimum of 10 people.
The benefits of making a group booking includes:
- A YMCA Instructor to run through all the safety work with you at the start, ranging from how to put on a harness through to how to belay. You are also guaranteed to have harnesses available for your group.
- Reserved hire of the rock climbing wall.
- Fantastic discount rate!
The group discount rate will not be available to groups who turn up without a booking, and we cannot guarantee that there will be harnesses or an instructor available to teach you everything at the time that you arrive. This might result in waiting until either become available for you, so we strongly recommend that you book in to ensure you can climb!
Suitable Clothing for Climbing
- Loose fitting clothing and tight fitting joggers are ideal.
- Thongs are not suitable footwear.
- All jewellery removed.
- Wear a longer top or tee shirt.
- Bare midriff tops are not suitable.
- Skirts & Dresses are not suitable.
Find out more information about our booking process.
Join our mailing list and be the first to find out about our latest sports, fitness, rock climbing and recreation activities.